feedburner

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner



feedburner count

An interview with - Akshay Kumar



By indiafm
Thursday Oct 11 4:35 PM

Rajiv Hariom Bhatia to Akshay Kumar, he made the journey possible from a cook to a superstar. Akshay Kumar, the self made man that he is, has no qualms about working with any director. At ease with himself and trying to make his next appearance a bigger flick than ever. He is a man on a mission. With or without fame Akshay would always remain the same. With a series of back-to-back hits, Akshay is one of the biggest and successful stars in Bollywood today.

In an exclusive interview with IndiaFM, Akshay talks about his forthcoming flick Bhool Bhulaiyaa rumors about him which make front page news in tabloids and his journey to becoming a superstar.

To start with, Akshay, are you nervous or excited before the release of Bhool Bhulaiyaa?

No matter how many films I do, I will always be nervous and excited, both at the same time. For me every film of mine is important no matter how big a star I become. By now, I have probably worked in over 110 films but still that jitter is always there. I do not have words to express how I truly feel now the countdown has already begun.

So what is Bhool Bhulaiyaa all about?

Bhool Bhulaiyaa is not a typical comedy film. It's not a 'leave your brains aside' kind of comedy, instead I would recommend that if you are going to watch Bhool Bhulaiyaa kindly carry your brain with you. This is probably India's first psychological thriller with an element of comedy in it. It does not resort to a garish and 'banana peel' kind of humor. Priyadarshan has used comedy very subtly and intelligently. It is not an outright comedy film. The story is told so ingeniously, that it is beyond ones imagination.

So according to you, what is the genre of the film?

The film belongs to the genre of thrillers at the same time it is not serious. Bhool Bhulaiyaa is packaged with humor. Then again people associate Priyadarshan and my name with comedy film going back to old films like Hera Pheri, Garam Masala, etc. Nevertheless, that is not how it is; in the case of Bhool Bhulaiyaa, it is actually a very different kind of film. You might probably hear this from many actors, I know it sounds cliched but honestly, Bhool Bhulaiyaa is a unique film.

Tell us something about your role in the film?

In the movie, I play the role of a psychiatrist, who comes to the palace in order to investigate a strange case. He tries to figure out a logical explanation to the whole disturbance in the palace before it causes more harm than one could imagine.

Bhool Bhulaiyya may not be a film about ghosts. Nevertheless, on a personal note have you ever encountered a spooky experience in real life?

Yes and no, implying that I have not seen it personally but I have heard about such cases. I remember when I used to stay in Bandra east earlier; there were rumors about a three-headed woman who walked the streets after midnight. She was called the 'teen mundiyonwaali chudail'. In those times, it sure sounded freaky, but no one really saw her, everyone had only heard about her. Whether it was true or a baseless rumor remains unknown unto this day.

What does the audience get out of the film?

Bhool Bhulaiyaa will actually offer a lot to the audiences. It will not only provide entertainment but also try to make the audiences clear myths of supernatural presence. It is a fantastic film; it answers queries regarding spirit possession, exorcism, etc. Instead of assuming that a person is possessed, people must treat him or her and obtain medical help. The film explains this illness called multiple personality disorder. Often in real life, you would see such cases attended by ill-treating the person and physically abusing the person under the pretext of curing them. The film clears these superstitions.

How was the experience of working with Priyadarshan?

Priyadarshan and I go back a long way the relation I share with him is very different. Right from my first film with him to Bhool Bhulaiyaa, working with him has been a memorable experience. I have always enjoyed working with Priyadarshan, he is great person, and I have always had a 100% result with him. All my films have worked and I just hope that this one works too. I am waiting eagerly for the audience's response.

The film also has an interesting star cast, how was it working with them?

Honestly, this whole film actually belongs to Vidya than me, mainly because she is the central character in the film. The story in the film revolves around her. She has given a fabulous performance in the film. Shobana earlier did this film in the Malayalam titled, 'Manichitrazh'. Shobana had even won the National award for her performance in this film. Shiney is also a good actor. He has done a great job, I am very happy with his performance.

It was heard that Priyadarshan was unhappy with Vidya Balan, as she could not dance. Comment.

Oh, no that is not true at all. Vidya has done brilliant job. Just wait for the release and you will know what I am saying is true. The movie will release soon, and then you can judge for yourself. These are all useless and baseless rumors.

Have you seen the original film?

No, I have not seen it. We were asked not to see it. Moreover, I personally did not think it would be right because I do not want to copy Mr. Mohanlal, who plays the role of the doctor in the Malayalam film.

How do you deal with malicious gossips about your personal life in the press?

Simple I file a case against them. I have done it earlier and nothing would stop me from doing it again. Earlier also when I filed a complaint against a newspaper, I think IndiaFM had reported it and spoken to me regarding it. That is how I react, if things get too personal.

Are you more comfortable working with directors whom you know already or the new directors?

I am very comfortable working with new directors. If you see, 80% of my hits have always come from a debutant director. I am very relaxed, for that matter. Vipul was new when I did his Namastey London and a debut director directs Tashan. I have no qualms about the director if the script is good. And even if a film is directed by a friend the situation does not change anything.

Aren't you tired of hearing the same 'rumor' time and time again about you chopping your co-stars' scenes. Do you want to put your foot down and clarify this finally?

No, I do not want to clarify anything, if somebody is enjoying himself or herself then let them go on. If media feels, its great to write about irrelevant things like this then it is their choice, let them go on, why should I stop them. Moreover, there is nothing to talk about because it does not affect me personally. However if an actor says that his role is chopped by me, then it is not an insult to me but to the sensibility of the director, that he allows actors to intervene into direction. Do you think Priyadarshan will allow such a thing; it is impossible.

What thoughts come to your mind when you recollect the incident at Churchgate when you could not afford to buy a book?

Yes I do remember that, it was a book called 'How to Learn Acting'. However, today I can say that I learnt acting without having to spend a single penny on that book. Its something called fate by which I became an actor and a star now. What I learnt in this course of time is that if you want to be a good actor, be a good human being then fate will work wonders.

Do you feel that acting can be taught or learnt, a la cookery, or is it that actors are just born?

I cannot talk on behalf of everyone, this is strictly my opinion that its experience that makes an actor. It was sheer experience that made me what I am today, a self-made man.





0 comments:

Post a Comment